Wednesday 20th dawned bright and sunny. Sandy and I decided on a picnic lunch at Boat Mountain Conservation Park, but first to the domestic chores. Lunch time saw these tasks completed, so armed with our lunch Sandy and I headed for Boat Mountain, so named because of its shape. Our destination was not so far from where we were staying, however the road was a little rambling and so it took us about 20 mins to get there, however it was well worth the drive. The peace and quiet was breathtaking, just the birds and the wind in the trees, the sun on our backs, and lunch.
There were a couple of walks to lookout points which Sandy and I explored, along with a scrub trail, all told about 2.5km. There was not too much wildlife about other than the birds and a little tree lizard. However the views certainly made up for the lack of wildlife. Mind you the wildlife probably was there, but the noise of Sandy and I gasping our last as we climbed to the lookout points probably scared them away. All in all a very pleasant afternoon, so it was back to base for a well earned coldie and feet up!



No comments:
Post a Comment